Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hunting Coyotes on the porch



I am in bed right now, with my 5 year old little boy next to me, sound asleep.
What is my adventurous husband doing?
He is on the porch, with our other son, Jesse, and 4 other guys from our church, all dressed in camo, listening to a horrible sound coming from some speakers he has strategically placed out in the pasture, next to a dead animal.  Sounds nice doesn't it?
They are trying to call in coyotes, and Ray thought it would be fun, to invite a few friends over for the excitement.
I thought I would be the good hostess, so I baked a few brownies, and put the coffee on.
I am afraid, with the smells of the coffee, brownies, and the laughter coming from the porch, those coyotes aren't going to come within 10 miles of our house, but oh, are they having a good time.
Sometimes, it is the crazy things we do, that bring the most joy.  So what if they don't see a coyote, they are bonding, right??


Have a blessed night,
JJ

1 comment:

  1. You gotta love country livin'... We're thinking bout buyin a trailor and movin to yer back yard. Now that would be a party!

    ReplyDelete