Thursday, December 23, 2010

It begins

Well, after much thought, and procrastination, I am finally doing this.  As I have shared our family stories with others, people have often asked me to write these in a book.  I have considered this, and felt this may be the easiest way to accomplish this goal.  So here goes.  Some will be reflections back over the years of marriage to Ray Ford and raising our five kids together (still in the process), others will be current situations we are in now.  All in all, it should be an interesting ride, at least for me, as I put into writing our crazy life.
I have to begin, by sharing that being married to Ray, feels like going down the highway as fast as I can in an old beat up blue pick up truck.  I am holding on for dear life, knowing that if I let go, it would be worse, but yet hanging on feels soooo out of control, not knowing where we are going, just knowing I have to hang on.
For those of you who don't know Ray, he is a very smart, very active, "big dreams in a small town" kind of man.  As I like to say, he likes to pack 20 lbs. of grain in a 10 lb. sack!! He is go full steam, don't stop, let's see what all we can get done today, kind of guy.
I am a sit by the fire, stay at home, sewing (to me!) is exciting, love to bake, read a book, "let's not go anywhere today" kind of girl.
Thus the problems.  Thus the growth.  Thus the adventure, of us being conformed into the image of Christ, whether we want to or not!!
Little did I know, when we married 17 1/2 years ago, that life would be so full of adventures, heart ache (sometimes), and change, all rolled up into one.  Little did I know that I had so much to work on, character wise. Little did I know, that some of the most frustrating, yet funny things in my life were going to occur because I chose to say "yes" to this man.
He tells me, after some crazy thing has has tried, or signed us up for, that he is just giving me more material to write about someday in my "book."
Well, that is my intro into the blog.
I have to hit the sack, Christmas Eve is tomorrow, much to do to celebrate the birth of Christ.
God bless,
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment